6 day trekking tour around the beautifull area of Transylvania.
The program proposed by the organizers is:
We will be together for 6 days and, during this time, you have the opportunity to cross two of the most important massifs from Romania, Bucegi and Piatra Craiului Mountains. Accommodation: chalets and boarding houses.
Day 1: Arrival in Romania. Transfer to Busteni town. Accommodation.
Day 2: Transportation by cable car to Babele Chalet. Trekking tour crossing Bucegi Mountains to Poarta Village. Lunch to go. Duration 7-8 hours, long route, medium effort but offers an amazing view all day long, downhill walk: 1.700 m. Accommodation at Poarta Village boarding house.
Day 3: Trekking tour to Piatra Craiului National Park. The first part of the day we trek through 2 authentic mountain villages – very nice countryside. The second part of the day we trek into the National Park. Lunch to go. Arrival to the Curmatura hut (1470 m) – no private facilities. Accommodation in dormitory. Duration: 7-8 hours, long route, medium effort, uphill/downhill walk: 800 m/200 m.
Day 4: Trekking tour on Piatra Craiului main ridge (about 2100 m). Duration: 6-7 hours, medium to hard, uphill/downhill walk: 600 m/700 m. Lunch to go. Back to the Curmatura hut. Accommodation.
Day 5: Trekking tour on the whole main ridge of Piatra Craiului (2238 m the highest altitude). Lunch to go. Duration: 8-9 hours, medium to hard, uphill/downhill walk: 700 m/1.300 m. Accommodation at Plaiul Foii Chalet (859 m).
Day 6: Transfer to Brasov. On our way to Brasov visit Bran Castle (the Castle was built by the Knights of the Teutonic Order between 1211 – 1225) and Rasnov Fortress (the Fortress was built in stone and brick around the year 1215 by the Teutonic Knights). Accommodation. Brasov walking tour by night.
Day 7: Transfer to the airport.
– number of participants: minimum 1, maximum 8.
– transportation will be chosen according to the number of participants.
– mountain tour requires a good physical shape, with resistance to low effort but for long duration.
– accommodation is done in mountain chalets and boarding houses.
– certified mountain guide during the entire trekking tour.
– the price differs according to the number of participants, so please contact me for a final price.
– Compulsory equipment: waterproof hiking boots and clothes; warm clothes.
OTHER TOURS OFFERED BY ACTIVE TRAVEL