Eat Local – Gourmet Weekend has 3 unique gastronomical culture experiences:
– Transylvanian Brunch / Flavours and Sounds of Transylvania– taste seasonal goodies, at a local feast in a picturesque village (enjoy the variety of starters, main dishes, and desserts, all homemade by the locals, following traditional recipes, using local and seasonal fruits, vegetables and meat;
– Gastronomical culture tour – discover the Romanian rural gastronomical culture through a guided tour of ASTRA museum in Dumbrava Sibiului;
– Taste at the producer – try local specialties directly from the manufacturers and find their stories. While visiting Romania, especially Historical Transylvania, take this opportunity to taste the authentic dishes made with care by simple people, out of real biological products.
- Local Grown – Tradition and Innovation: Find out the stories of the locals, discover the cultural heritage within gastronomy;
- Ecologic – Celebrate terroir & biodiversity: Experience our unique environment contexts and farming practice;
- Trust Sources – Easy to find and to get: We help you find good, local information about the small food producers as well as local events;
- Nature First – Savoir the seasons: Enjoy fresh, local, seasonal products Let’s eat together locally and enjoy unforgettable tastes in a charming environment!
Tour provider: Reky Travel and Events
About the tour provider: Reky Travel offers slow travel experiences for relaxed discoverers. Reky Travel is a family-run travel agency with a focus on rural and ecotourism in Transylvania and other historic regions of Romania and for the last 20 years, we guide our guests with joy and tell the stories of the people here! With a lot of enthusiasm, we constantly design new trips, find undiscovered attractions for you, or recommend rare experiences and impressions. Above all, we try to develop sustainable tourism forms, which fit our territory.