Sheep Happens is an ecotourism activity that proposes you a getaway weekend, in the heart of the Lotrului and Cindrel Mountains, far from the hustle and bustle, from the technology and the everyday routine. We want to discover together how is cheese manufactured, the experience of sleeping in the barn, how the sheep are taken for lunch and other daily activities of the locals, everything along with tasty, authentic meals. Burduf* – salty type of Romanian cheese, made with sheep milk with a strong flavour and slightly soft in texture.
How it happens:
- Day 1: arriving and tracking – arriving in Râu Sadului where we pick up the goodies bag – 2 hours tracking to the hut or 4-5 hours to the sheepfold – outdoor dinner with the locals – sleeping in the tent, under the stars, or in the barn;
- Day 2: work therapy – we take the sheep out for lunch, we help in the cheese making process – we help our hosts in the garden – we try to sleep in another place than the night before;
- Day 3: Down from the mountain – we go down with the horses and the donkeys to make cheese in the village.
– 2 nights in the tent/under the stars/barn (spring water, country style WC, no electricity);
– The meals for 2 days (2 breakfasts, 2 dinners);
– Guided tracking with mentioned activities.
Price: EUR 99/person, free for children under 7 years old Optional: Transfer Sibiu – Râu Sadului (35 km) by car or bus: EUR 17/person Bike tour with e-bike Sibiu – Cisnădioara / Cisnădie – Sadu – Râu Sadului (41 km): bike rent, private guide, cetatea Cisnadioara visit, bike retour to Sibiu: EUR 99/person Extra night in a rural guest house (room with shower) and dinner – EUR 39/person.
MORE FROM REKY TRAVEL & EVENTS:
Tour provider: Reky Travel and Events
About the tour provider: Reky Travel offers slow travel experiences for relaxed discoverers. Reky Travel is a family-run travel agency with a focus on rural and ecotourism in Transylvania and other historic regions of Romania and for the last 20 years, we guide our guests with joy and tell the stories of the people here! With a lot of enthusiasm, we constantly design new trips, find undiscovered attractions for you, or recommend rare experiences and impressions. Above all, we try to develop sustainable tourism forms, which fit our territory.
Data: 1 May-31 December