If you’re passing through Țara Dornelor, you should definitely drop by Călimani National Park Visitor Centre and request a free guided tour from one of the rangers! It will be well worth your time no matter what your plans are, whether you want to prepare yourself for hiking in the amazing volcanic landscape, or simply get a glimpse of what the local nature and culture have to offer.
Călimani National Park Visitor Centre includes:
- an interactive indoor exhibit;
- a souvenir shop selling locally produced items;
- a photo gallery featuring old photographs provided by the local community;
- a conference room equipped for showing documentaries;
- outdoor games for children and adults;
- an interpretation trail in the courtyard;
- an interpretation trail in the nearby Șaru Dornei peat bog.
To schedule a free guided tour of the visitor centre, please use the following contact details:
Tel: (+4) 0230 371 104, (+4) 0230 374 197