Irina guesthouse has 8 en-suite double rooms with TVs. There is a large courtyard with a barbecue, a pavilion, a terrace for relaxation and open-air meals, and a car park.
The hosts are a local family, always happy to welcome you with a glass of horincă (fruit brandy) and a joke, and ready to introduce you to the warm atmosphere of the house and the village, and treat you like family.
If you arrive by train, one of the hosts will pick you up from the station in Baia Mare or Sighetu Marmației and take you straight to the guesthouse.
Being located right in the centre of Maramureș, Desești is the ideal place to go hiking, bike riding or driving to any of the tourist attractions of the Eco Maramureș ecotourism destination. The wooden church of Pious Paraschiva Desești, a UNESCO World Heritage site, is less than 1 km away from the guesthouse.
- bike hire- 10 bikes always available; we can also provide 30 bikes for groups.
- horse carts and sleighs for hire – tourists can go for a ride through wonderful Maramureș in a horse-drawn cart in summer, and a horse-drawn sleigh in winter.
- musical evening – with the children’s folk ensemble “Coconii de pe Mara” and other artists from Maramureș.
- folk costumes for hire – tourists can dress up in folk costumes and blend in the atmosphere of Maramureș.
- mountain guide – one-day hikes to Cheile Tătarului, Creasta Cocoșului, Tăul Iezerul Mare, Tăul Morărenilor and Tăul Chendroaiei, a climb to Creasta Cocoșului ridge and longer hikes in Maramureș Mountains and Rodna Mountains, at over 1,900 m altitude.