Piatra Șoimilor Natural Reserve Day’s goal is the ecologic education and raising awareness in youngsters, as well as in adults. The activities organized as part of the event reinforce, by information, the respect towards nature and the brown bear (Ursus arctos) protected species amongst the locals and the tourists in Băile Tușnad. This being a first important step towards a durable cohabitation and, in the same time, to promote ecotourism in the town’s and in the Piatra Șoimilor Natural Reserve area.
In the schedule of the event organized in the Băile Tușnad and surroundings ecotourism destination are included:
- Presentations about the Băile Tușnad and surroundings ecotourism destination, particularly about the Piatra Șoimilor Natural Reserve;
- Themed competition about the Piatra Șoimilor Natural Reserve between 6 Junior Ranger Teams;
- Promotion of the destination and, implicitly, of the reserve, by ”Cortul Verde / Zöld Sátor”;
- Themed photography exhibition;
- The event closes with a kettle goulash.
Address: Băile Tuşnad | Parcul Milenar
Organized by: Organizați GeoEcologică ACCENT
Date: 21 – 22 september
Type of event: Cultural event